Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The rest of the picks

I'm going to pick (explanationless) the rest of the tournament, match-by-match from here on out.

Men's singles:
3rd round - Djokovic over Kiefer; Soderling over Nadal
Round of 16 - Roddick over Mathieu; Tsonga over Gasquet; Davydenko over Baghdatis; Hewitt over Djokovic; Berdych over Bjorkman; Youzhny over Soderling
Quarterfinals - Federer over Ferrero; Roddick over Tsonga; Hewitt over Davydenko (in 5); Youzhny over Berdych
Semifinals - Federer over Roddick; Hewitt over Youzhny
Finals - Federer over Hewitt (in a good match)

Women's singles:
Round of 16 - Sharapova over V. Williams
Quarterfinals - Henin over S. Williams (I'm only going back on my past prediction because of the calf strain); Bartoli over Krajicek (how did this happen); Vaidisova over Ivanovic (either a letdown for Vaidasova, or she is playing the best tennis of her life); Sharapova over Kuznetsova;
Semifinals - Henin over Bartoli; Vaidasova over Sharapova (but only if she gets this far. I'll take Sharapova over Ivanovic, who I genuinely like, just not on grass)
Finals - Henin over whomever gets here

OK. So I didn't get through without comments, so what? Henin gets her slam; Fed continues domination. Though I will say that Henin is lucky and will benefit from that injury.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home